Course Description

BUS 663: Organizational Power and Leadership

In the vast ocean of sociology, leadership and the related discipline of organizational power is probably the most studied. Certainly the literature on the subject is vast and the institutions that teach it are almost beyond number. In your quest for an MBA you will encounter components of leadership in many of your courses, in this course you will be exposed to every aspect of leadership that can be crammed into our time together. One myth that pervades our culture is that Leaders are born, not developed. Research however suggests that only about 30% of our leadership ability is inborn, that leaves 70% to be developed. The purpose of this course is to help you develop that 70%. The objective of this course is to instill in you, the student the basics of what is known about leadership in western culture and by so doing help you to recognize and cultivate effective leadership patterns in yourself, and others.

Back to Curriculum